Wednesday, September 18, 2013

As I watch the waves roll toward the shore I am amazed at their beauty. Each one is perfect, yet unique. I marvel at the power of the ocean that they came from, then shrink in awe at the thought of the One Who created the ocean.

As lovely as one wave is, the next one is equally beautiful- gracefully cresting and crashing ashore, only to recede and rebuild into another swell ready to pound the shore again, and again.



Once one wave ends I don't miss it and yearn to see it again because I know that God will provide another one that will have its own unique beauty. And so I am reminded not to become too attached to anything on this earth but to cling fast to the Christ, the One and only constant Truth. I lean on the Word of God in 2 Peter 3:8, "But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day."

And so I continue to seek the will of God, to remember that time is fleeting, and that every wave is an opportunity to embrace something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why I Choose to be Southern Baptist

These have been tough days for those of us who call ourselves “Southern Baptists.” I won’t go into all the details. I don't think it’s S...