So it is with much concern that I sit before my computer right now. I have no idea how any of this will be interpreted and applied. But these are the thoughts of the day and I really need to let them out in no particular order:
- I really dislike bullies. Whether you are picking on the kid who doesn't look like you or the girl you want to notice you or the one you are jealous of- stop it. Grow up. You are neither better-nor more entitled than-anyone else. Get over yourself.
- No one has the right to make you do things that do not glorify God. Speak up for yourself and for others who are too frightened to speak up. You'll be surprised at just how weak the perpetrators are.
- Be big enough to acknowledge your weaknesses. Admit it when you're wrong. Ask for forgiveness.
- Forgive. Move on. Life is surprisingly short and it is too precious to waste on bitterness and the fatigue that comes with holding onto a grudge.
- Finally, slow down. Stop the madness of competition and striving for "position." Be the person Christ intends for you to be and be satisfied with that. He's the only One Who matters, anyway. Take a good long look in the mirror and know that you are loved and treasured by the King of Kings.
Seek justice, love mercy,
walk humbly with your Lord.