Thursday, August 22, 2013

So today is the First Day of school. I'm not there. First time in 20 years. How do I feel?  I find myself filled with mixed emotions. I am happy, relieved, elated, and extremely grateful. Notice there is not one bit of sadness in there at all. I have waited for it, even anticipated it. But it's not there. Nope, nowhere to be found.

Today I will meet my sister for a little shopping. We'll have lunch and laugh and I will drive to the grocery store and plan a nice dinner for the family, perhaps using some of the vegetables from the garden. I'll spend a little time in the afternoon getting ready for a meeting tomorrow. That's about it.

Make no mistake, I have my stress. I have to get ready for the replacement window people to come and I haven't been on the treadmill all week. So my life is not a constant lunch date. Be honest: this rocks! Why?

I listened to God. He told me it was time to leave and I left. I obeyed and He blessed. That's what happens when you trust the One Who loves you most.

So wherever you are, whatever you're doing, take time to make sure that it's what God wants in your life. And remember, the most important thing He wants is your heart, so give it to Him first, and He will allow you to soar.

1 comment:

  1. And I am so thankful you left, not just because we can spend more time together. You have your joy back! I can hear it in your voice and see it in your walk. I pray people will read carefully what you wrote. I love you my dear sister and look forward to your posts!

    ReplyDelete

Why I Choose to be Southern Baptist

These have been tough days for those of us who call ourselves “Southern Baptists.” I won’t go into all the details. I don't think it’s S...